Strani

14. sep. 2010

THE GOOD MORROW


 I wonder by my troth, what thou and I
Did, 'till we loved? Were we not wean'd till then?
But suckn'd on country pleasures, childlishly?
Or snorted we in the Seven Sleeper's den?
'Twas so; but this, all pleasures fancies be;
If ever any beauty I did see
Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee.

And now good morrow to our waking souls,
Which watch not one another out of fear;
For love all love of other sights controls
And makes one little room an everywhere.
Let sea discoverers to new worlds have gone,
Let maps to other, worlds on worlds have shown;
Let us possess one world; each hath one, and is one.

My face in thine eye, thine in mine appears,
And true plain hearts do in the faces rest;
Where can we find to better hemispheres
Without sharp north, without declining west?
Whatever dies, was not mix'd equally;
If our two loves be one, or thou and I
Love so alike, than none can slacken, none can die.

John Donne

Saj ne da bi bila v kakšnem izjemno romantičnem razpoloženju, le na film Tristan in Isolda sem slučajno naletela med zdolgočaseno menjavo kanalov na tv-ju...In ta je poezija je čudovita.(Vendar težko verjamem, da bo vaš dragi navdušen, če jo boste zrecitirale po sexy-time-u:)
Nasvet: Raje mu ponudite sendvič:))).*

*Poezija je menda tipa AUBADE, če vas zanima, kaj to pomeni, kliknite TUKAJ.
I found this poem here.
Photo by CL

Ni komentarjev: